Red dawns 2010
11th International Feminist and Queer Festival Red Dawns
March 4th - 8th 2010, ACC Metelkova mesto, Ljubljana, Slovenia www.rdecezore.org
Thursday, March 4th 2010
18.00, SCCA - Meeting Room (Metelkova street 6)
Exhibition opening / Panel Discussion
Female Artist – The Art of Survival
Open from March 4th to 8th. Guided tours available!
Panel Discussion Female Artist – The Art of Survival
Discussion participants: artists Milena Kosec, Aprilija Lu;zž and Zvonka Simčič, curator and art critic Urša Jurman. Moderated by art critic and curator Ida Hiršenfelder.
The discussion is going to include the results of the survey carried out by curators Ana Grobler and Jadranka Ljubičič. Survey preparation and consultancy by sociologist Mateja Zobarič Trplan.
In Slovene language only.
Artists and exhibited works:
- Martina Bastarda: Art Project, a series of eight 15-minute interviews with contemporary Slovenian artists (video, 2006) and TV Auction, television performance, 2003
- Vesna Bukovec: The Only Thing I Can Control Is My Attitude Towards Life, video and drawings, 2009
- Marija Mojca Pungerčar: Mortality Table, art project in the form of a thematic chocolate bar, 2009
- Hana Repše: Women's Story, net art project, 2008
- Zvonka Simčič: We struggle to find the Time to create Somewhere in between, poster, 2009
- Nataša Skušek: Fliperautomat, video, 2005
- Katarina Toman Kracina: Mini 7 Days, paintings, 2005
- Martina Bastarda s serijo osmih petnajstminutnih intervjujev s sodobnimi slovenskimi umetnicami in umetniki v videu Umetniški projekt (2006) in televizijski performans TV Dražba (2003)
- Vesna Bukovec z videom in risbami Edina stvar, ki jo imam pod nadzorom, je moj odnos do življenja (2009)
- Marija Mojca Pungerčar s projektom Tablice smrtnosti (2009)
- Zvonka Simčič s projektom Čas za ustvarjanje lovimo nekje vmes (2009)
- Nataša Skušek z videom Fliperautomat (2005)
- Hana Repše z net art projektom Women's story (2008)
- Katarina Toman Kracina s slikami Mini 7 days (2005)
More info: www.scca-ljubljana.si
Monday, March 8th
19.00, Kapsula Gallery
Evelin Stermitz (1972) works with photography, video, installation and new media art. The focus of art work is on gender based female topics and post-structuralist feminist art practises. Her research work includes feminist art, cyber-feminist projects and she also collaborates on the field of media information on art, curates exhibitions, is invited to international discussions on art, publishes texts...
Her non-profit artist-run project ArtFem.TV, which began in 2008 is an on-line television program presenting Art and Feminism. The aim of ArtFem.TV is to foster Women in the Arts, their art works and projects, to create an international online television screen for the creativity, images and voices of Women. ArtFem.TV is a media art portal about Art and Feminism. It is becoming a powerful tool as an on-line archive. ArtFem.TV is an attempt to break with a male dominated net-culture and media landscape to highlight women’s emphases in art and media works.
More info: www.kapsula.si
Monday, March 8th
15.00, YHD – SOT 24,5
Workshop for female pensioners from the local community
Mojca Pungerčar: What is a Socialdress?
The author Marija Mojce Pungerčar uses the term "social dress" for clothing that has an integrative effect in terms of community. At Socialdress workshops we create functional items of clothing with a lot of soul that are easy to make as well. An important part of the workshops is an exchange of stories and experiences. In this way we create and propagate the Socialdress brand label. You cannot buy a Socialdress dress in a shop; you can only make it yourself. The Socialdress project was first introduced in 2006 at the Intermediate Spaces Festival in Ljubljana (the Kapelica Gallery) and in Graz (the ESC Gallery, Steiern Autumn). In 2007, the project was part of the Thread exhibition in Slovenj Gradec (the Koroška Gallery of Fine Arts) and the 27th Biennial of Graphic Arts in Ljubljana. The Socialdress Long Life Bag, an eco-friendly shopping bag, commissioned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia was designed from the Socialdress fashion fabric for the participants of the international conference "New Paradigms, New Models - Culture in the EU External Relations".
In Slovene language only
Home page of the project: www.socialdress.net
040 454 714 (Jadranka Ljubičič)
Photos: Jasmina Klančar